Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Avalanche Ranch - God is Awesome!











Hey there, this is Karl (Chris Berger) writing the blog for tonight. Sometimes its tough to find the words on what to say about these nights here at VBS. It's an experience that I hope these kids never forget. Tonight we had a time where the kids could all give their donations for the orphanage in India that we sponsor through Project Hope, and it is so moving to see how many kids really care about helping other kids. I would guess that more than half the room stood up and gave whatever they could to these kids in need.

In Matthew 18, Christ is talking with his disciples and they ask him "Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Jesus then replies by saying "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes a humble place becoming like this child, it the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me."
This is such a powerful verse to read because to me, this means that I can learn just as much, if not more, from these children than I can teach them. Seeing these kids donate to other kids really impacts me because they give so selflessly. They give because they know that these kids need help and they know that they can supply that help. I don't know about anyone else but it brings tears to my eyes to see how many kids want to help other kids in this world and truly Christ was right when he said that the kingdom of heaven belongs to the children such as these that we have here at Horizons.
Ranch Stats:
283 kids age 3 thru 6th Grade
96 volunteers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home