Friday, May 25, 2007

Playing by the rules

Ever play Chutes and Ladders? Candy Land? Easy games. Simple rules. You can learn them in 30 seconds or less and that includes translating them to a 3 year old.

Yesterday I had an interesting and entertaining conversation with a Horizons member who is interested in what Communications does, blogging in particular. I was reminded during the conversation that when the blog began just more than a year ago, I posted some very simple guidelines.

Then I remembered how after I posted them once and reposted them a few months later I was getting the equivalent of celebrity hate-mail...as in how dare I tell the people of Horizons how to behave. I thought it was funny then, but during the interim I've often had other churches email me and ask for our blogging guidelines for our church. I've never modified the ground-rules -- it hasn't been necessary. I don't mind the personal attacks on me, I'm a big girl, but I will continue to protect others and their reputations and, even more importantly, their feelings. So, once again, here are the ground rules for the blog. I look forward, once again, to your comments posted here or sent to me personally: LisaMathewsFowler@yahoo.com:

Blog Ground Rules:

  • Be nice. You don't know who is reading.
  • Be honest. You don't know who is reading.
  • Be real. You don't know who is reading.
  • Be careful. You don't know who is reading.

Have a great day.

LMF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home