Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Avalanche Ranch - God is Strong!












News Flash...this just in from Bob and Karl...there are 338 kids registered now for Avalanche Ranch...12 more new registrations in the next two nights and these two crazy guys will be sleeping on the roof! Invite a friend to join you at the ranch -- everyone is welcome!
Howdy folks! Nikki Ford here after another wild night out at Avalanche Ranch!

This is always such an emotional week, and this year it has been even more! We have so much fun, but we only have 5 days! I’m always sad when it’s over! But enough of that!!

As part of the Sing and Play team I have the fun job of helping teach kids and crew leaders the actions to the songs! If that isn’t great enough, the real joy in that comes from seeing and hearing all those kids sing out to God. I get goose bumps every time I think about it! I can’t wait for Sunday when the kids get to sing in big church for the whole congregation!! Sometimes I just want to stop singing so I can hear all the kids! (sometimes I do!)

It’s just so amazing how we can all come together as one for worship and praise and each have a different experience. I know God is smiling down us, especially when we are “Jumpin’ in the House!!”

Yes we are goofy and silly sometimes, but that’s what I love so much about this week at VBS and Horizons, God loves us no matter what and when we can share that with others what a great gift! There are so many important messages we are learning about God this week, today we learned “God is Strong” WAH-HOO!

God loves us so much he doesn’t expect us to be strong….He is our Strength!!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far and looking forward to 2 more exciting days on the ranch! I know I am!!

It’s so cool to see everyone young and old come together for these 5 days to learn more about God. Our kids and volunteers are the best!!! Thank you!!

God is Real!
God is With Us!
God is Strong!
Tell all your friends!

To the Dutters….I’m trying not to think about it, but what a better way to send you off then 300+ kids fired up about God! So, I can’t send this blog without saying something…..VBS, DZ, and Horizons won’t be the same without you!! Don’t get me wrong, we will still have an awesome children’s ministry but I’ve seen what you’ve done in the lives of children all around Horizons and know what great friends you have been to me! As my HS science teacher always said “It’s a beautiful thing!” Good luck in Chicago, we are all praying for you!

YEE HAW!!! See y'all tomorrow at the Ranch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home