Friday, November 17, 2006

Patience isn't one of my spiritual gifts

If you haven't noticed, the new site is still not up. We're waiting on some tech information to complete the switch so we're still a few hours away from going live. And yes, it's driving me nuts.

I'm not a patient person. God has given me many challenges to help me overcome this flaw and this launch business is just another way He is trying to get me to chill out and just let things happen. I'm not a worrier -- I just want things the way I want it and when I want it. I'm a scheduler. I like date-certains and time-certains. I belong to the Picky Chick club and my closest friends are exactly the same which is why we all get along. My friends don't complain when I order food at a restaurant. I prefer IM to email because I live in this one-hour photo/digital world and email is so slow. This year, I'm giving up my Franklin Planner and will just be using Outlook and a mini pocket calendar for quick notes. I love the speed of technology, I love immediate problem resolution, and I long for the days when I'll be able to do all of this and more because it'll no longer be necessary to type. I am a Star Trek: Next Generation fan. I want a replicator. I want a micro-washer and micro-dryer so that laundry will only take 10 minutes per load.

The launch will happen when God's ready. God's got his own time-table and right now, I'm going to let this go and turn this over to Him. Keep checking either today or during the weekend. Once it happens, we'll all have a nice surprise.

LMF

1 Comments:

At Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:30:00 AM, Blogger Steve Todd said...

We're live. Thanks, Lisa, for your diligence in making it happen. I'm still finding pages I haven't read yet, and I know you plan to keep changing it up, so I guess there will always be something new and reasons to keep coming back. On behalf of the Horizons Community, kudos for a job well done. -Steve Todd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home