Monday, October 02, 2006

The next cool read


Today is a big day for a new friend of mine. Today his new book, "In a Pit, with a Lion, on a Snowy Day," comes off the presses.

Mark Batterson is the lead pastor at National Community Church in Washington, DC. I've been reading his blog for about a year now and I was able to meet him at MinistryCOM in Phoenix. Mark is a funny guy and he really speaks to my heart about how we as the church can reach out creatively to the unchurched, dechurched, post-churched, and re-churched.

I've been looking forward to Mark's book for months now.

Here's the publisher's description:

"Your greatest regret at the end of your life will be the lions you didn't chase. You will regret the risks not taken, the opportunities not seized, and the dreams not pursued. Stopping running away from what scares you most and start chasing the God-ordained opportunities that cross your path.

In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day is inspired by one of the most obscure yet courageous acts recorded in Scripture (II Samuel 23:20-21): Benaiah chased a lion down into a pit. Then, despite the snow and slippery ground, he caught the lion and killed it.

Unleash the lion chaser within!"

***
The day my copy arrives (Thanks, Mark!) I'll be blogging less and I won't return your emails because I'll be busy. However, as soon as I'm done with the book, I want to pass it on to someone at Horizons with a prayer that the book makes the rounds of our church family, unleashing lion chasers all over Lincoln.

How cool would that be!

If you want my copy, send me an email with "I want to be a lion chaser" in the subject line. If you can't wait for me to finish with my copy or want your own or want to give one as a gift, you can get it at Amazon.com. I'm not sure about how easily you'll be able to find it locally but you could try calling Lemstone, Family Christian or other bookstores.

Cheers to Mark! Go God!
LMF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home