Wednesday, November 08, 2006

How did I forget Encounter?

It occurred to me sometime this morning between shopping at Sam's Club and picking up Mace at Grandma's that I'd totally forgotten to attend Encounter last night. Freaked me out. I had it all planned. Eric and I had the Tuesday schedule all worked out that he'd be home, he and Mace had some projects to complete (all 3 year olds need to know how to change oil in the truck, right?) and I could ditch them for time alone with God.

So, what happened Tuesday that made me forget? I spent a few hours at the medical center getting my Remicade infusion -- good experience all around, then I voted. Pretty much the extent of my day. Certainly I wasn't so busy and harried that I couldn't keep track of my schedule. In the end, all I can say is I just spaced out. While the boys were changing the oil, there I was taking pictures of them. Never occurred to me to remember that they were going to be doing this alone.

Since I got sick a month ago, we haven't been able to spend much time as a family. Maybe God was letting me forget about HIM to have an encounter with the two guys that mean the most to me on this planet. It wasn't the encounter I had planned, but probably the one I needed most.

LMF

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 17, 2006 10:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you Lisa for enjoying a moment with your family!

And what an awesome site that you've worked so hard on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home