Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Dust off those walking shoes

If you know me you know this: I don't exercise. I think about it. I just don't do it. So, I'm a little torqued about yes, even a 5k walk. I'll be there. I'll walk. The whole thing, yes. But I won't be happy about it.

But I'm using my anger (thanks, Steve). I'm more angry about a woman (who has medical insurance) being denied coverage for a medical procedure than I am goofed up about walking. That boils my blood. I have had insurance hassles I won't bore you with, but nothing in the half million dollar range that Tracy is having to confront. It's just not right in my book.

Apparently, it's not right to a lot of people. We have more than 100 walkers. That'll be a good crowd of pink making a statement. There's also $650 raised toward a much-needed haircut for Chris B. (OK, the money is for Tracy). I'm not angry about Chris' hair but I'll tell you it's hard to take a picture of the guy because he's always swinging his head to get his hair out of his eyes. I've never seen his eyes, but I think he has two.

Saturday morning, please come out to Horizons and sign up for the walk. You can check in at 8 a.m. and we'll start walking at 9. You can sign up that day or drop off your registration at the church office during the week. If you want to contribute to the $1000 goal for Chris' haircut, you can bring it Saturday at the walk, drop off at the church building or bring it to the Concert on the Hill beginning at 4 p.m. Saturday.

I'll see you there.
LMF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home