Monday, February 19, 2007

A World of Hurt

I'm neck-deep in this semester's political science classes. Back in high school, I had an algebra teacher who would say nearly each day, "Mathews is wallowing in the quagmire." Things haven't changed much.

Terrorism is a quagmire.

It's easy to study abstract theories and even mind-stretching to argue what is "just" and "good." But when it comes to terrorism and terrorists, we're talking about real people, really bad people, doing real and really bad things to unarmed and innocent people all to achieve a political goal.

I'm wallowing in the fact that I'm studying a hurting world that I have no power to fix, only understand.

And the more I understand, the more I pray for those who are hurting and those who hurt.
LMF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home