Sunday, January 07, 2007

DiscoveryZone is good for your health

One of my new accessories is a pedometer.

The goal of 10,000 steps a day isn't the easiest to accomplish now that our niece has gone back home (shopping apparently is heart-friendly) and exercise seems an odd companion to eating non-stop so that I can keep on the additional 15 pounds I gained during recovery.

Without shopping, I've had a hard time getting to 2000 steps a day. But today I realized that DiscoveryZone is not only good for the soul, but good for the heart! In my 3 hours at Horizons today (and we're not known for our calisthenics during Worship!) I had nearly 2200 steps. That's all DiscoveryZone plus a little running around after Mace.

So that's my unscientific report for the day: Serve in DiscoveryZone -- it's good for you!

LMF

1 Comments:

At Sunday, January 07, 2007 4:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long is your pace? If 2 feet, then your goal is 20,000 feet or a little under 4 miles. If 3 feet, then a goal of hearly 6 miles. I timed myself on a measured mile and it took me 15 minutes. Your goal may then take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Daily exercise is usually recommended at 15 minutes per day or 1/2 hour every other day. Just thught I would throw in a 'little science' for interest and invite you to just enjoy the day 'in moderation'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home