Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Mike's Brag Session on Jesus

MAN! I hope you were all there to experience what God was doing last Sunday. He was doing some stuff! Some big time stuff! By the time second service was over, I don't think there was hardly a dry eye in the place. Mike's passion for Jesus and the mercy he's shown him in his life was contagious. It was so powerful to hear his testimony. Not just because it was so shocking, but because Jesus has healed him, his mother and many others when things seemed hopeless.

It's amazing to me, when I look at my life and how much I've been blessed by God's hand, how ungrateful and bored I am about it. But when someone's life is changed so drastically, the contrast is enough to make them want to shout it from the mountain tops until their dying breath. It makes sense given the way we are as humans, but it sure doesn't seem right, does it?

The real question is what we are going to do with the encounter we had on Sunday. Are we going to stop taking our new life in Christ for granted? Are we going to start helping people based on their need, instead of their worth? Are we going to be the kind of light that Christ was to the world? Will we take notice of the mercy God has shown us in our life and respond by surrendering our whole life to Him? I hope that we allow ourselves to be changed by what the Spirit did that morning. And I hope, that until our dying breath, we too can brag on the Jesus whose mercy knows no end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home