Friday, September 08, 2006

So really it's Peoria

OK, so MinistryCOM isn't in Phoenix proper but in a suburb called Peoria. There's even someone attending from the other Peoria which must feel weird.

On my drive this morning on Interstate 17, I passed Cactus Road and Thunderbird Road. There are times you just know you're not in Lincoln. It actually feels more like my native Southern California with all the palm trees -- that is, as long as I keep the windows rolled up and the a/c blasting. Hot just doesn't describe this area.

Last night I had dinner with the Lincoln contingent and on my way back to my brother-in-law's house a monsoon hit. Yikes. I've never seen so much rain come down so quickly and then stop about as quick. Just an interesting place.

I cannot even begin to explain how much I'm learning here. Most of my take-aways for the conference after day one is a lot of internal stuff:

  • how I need to change my thinking about how I lead communications,
  • how I need to rethink our team's priorities to better serve God and communicate our Christ-inspired message.

It's a lot to consider but I have real experts to talk with, listen to and get ideas from. This is incredible.

More later. Much more.

LMF

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 08, 2006 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did a search for ministryCOM bloggers and you popped up of course! It's a great conference...day 2 should be excellent! I'm glad to know about your blog.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Horizons said...

Hey Matt,
Thanks for posting. I tried to track you down yesterday and say hello but obviously that didn't happen. Great conference. Did you catch Brad's talk at the end? Wow.

I'll keep up with your blog.

LMF

 
At Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be semantics, but something bothered me in the wording of this post. You mentioned our "christ-inspired message". Isn't the message Christ Himself? You could make a case for almost anything being 'Christ-inspired'; anything to do with serving or the Golden Rule - whether it actually has Christ as the center or not. It seems to me that if we truly believed that Christ was enough, without all the glitz and the programming, then communicating that would be much simpler than we've made it.
Just an observation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home