Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The secret revealed...make your blog reading simple

I've grappled with this for quite some time now.

Do I tell, do I not tell. Do I keep the secret to myself or do I tell you how to make all this blog stuff easier to keep up with.

I was fearful at first that it would scare people off...I mean, all this blog stuff at Horizons is really new and if you're like Andrea you don't even like the word "blog" so there are all these barriers and all this baggage we're working to get past...

This week we welcomed our 3000 hit on the blog. People are reading, we have a dozen email subscribers, and every once in awhile someone will even post a comment. I think it's time to tell. Here's the real secret to keeping up with this blog, Pastor Steve's blog, any blog (drumroll).

It's called RSS.

Now, keep reading. Don't be put off by one more new thing to add to your brain. It stands for Really Simple Syndication. It truly is simple. Here's a link to the best practical explanation for getting set up (it's free, calm down). Read this post by Tony Morgan. Get yourself set up on one of the free readers out there. I use NewsGator. I keep up with about 80 blogs more or less (church communications people are very chatty) and this keeps my feeds organized and I don't have to go visit any of the Web sites unless I want to leave a comment.

Trust me. This RSS thing is a busy person's dream come true.
If you have any questions, leave a comment or send me an email, lmf@neb.rr.com
LMF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home