Sunday, June 11, 2006

New Covenant Community Church visit today

Today during the 11 a.m. hour, I visited New Covenant Community Church over on 84th Street and Old Cheney Road. We have some things in common: both belong to the Willow Creek Association, we like louder-than-most worship music, and primarily there's the love for Christ that pumps through each congregation.

If you don't see too much of me during the summer, it's because I'm out visiting other Lincoln churches to see how we each communicate the message of Christ differently. We know that Horizons is not the perfect fit for everyone...but what's cool about big C church is that there will be a church that is the right fit for just about anyone out there, no matter where they are in their journey.

It is very different going to another church as a visitor, without knowing anyone there. Believe me, I wouldn't have done that alone even a few years ago. But it was a good experience. I got to hear an interesting guest speaker, Bob Anderson who heads up Christian Challenge at Kansas State. He has been on a sabbatical and talked of his experiences with tribes in Africa, Muslims on the east coast of Africa and Hindu believers in India.

New Cov is also partnering with the Sidewalk Sunday School program through St. Mark's that we've supported. The first meeting was Saturday and it sounds like there was a huge turnout! I'll get more info about that soon.

Please join me this week in praying for New Covenant, their pastor and all that they are doing to share Christ with others.

LMF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home